FREE to Client Services for Eligible Pensioners & Veterans
ACTIV-EARS Audiology also provides services to eligible voucher clients approved by the Office of Hearing Services. These services include provision of hearing assessments, the cost of pre-approved hearing instruments / assistive listening devices and their fitting, contribution to the ongoing maintenance and repair of hearing devices.
To be eligible for subsidised hearing rehabilitation services through the Commonwealth Government you must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident aged 27 years or older and be:
• A Pensioner Concession Card holder;
• receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
• the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card (DVA) issued for all conditions;
• the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card (DVA) issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
• a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
• a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
• undergoing an Australian Government funded vocational rehabilitation service and you are referred by your service provider
• Pensioners and War Veterans
• Information for pensioners and war veterans about the services offered at active-ears through the Offices of Hearing Services with links.
ACTIV-EARS is accredited to provide free hearing evaluation services to pensioners and war veterans (DVA cardholders) under the Australian Government Hearing Services Program. ACTIV-EARS provides hearing aids and assistive technologies for pensioners and war veterans.
How to apply for this program:
• 1. A Medical certificate is available from ACTIV-EARS or download it HERE.
• 2. Take it to your doctor to sign and authorize.
• 3. Return it to us, and we will add you to the Office of Hearing Services and print your voucher, so you can attain FREE services.
Eligibility for hearing services from the federal government can be found on the Office of Hearing Services website. HERE.